If you can persuade a cat, you can persuade anyone.
While it’s hard, persuading a cat is possible. And after that, persuading humans becomes a breeze, and that is what you will learn in this book. How to Argue with a Cat will teach you how to:
· Hold an intelligent conversation―one of the few things easier to do with a cat than a human.
· Argue logically, even if your opponent is furry and irrational.
· Hack up a fallacy (the hairball of logic).
· Make your body do the talking (cats are very good at this).
· Master decorum: the art of fitting in with cats, venture capitalists, or humans.
· Learn the wisdom of predator timing to pounce at the right moment.
· Get someone to do something or stop doing it.
· Earn any creature’s respect and loyalty.
New York Times Bestseller
The bestselling book on argument, Thank You for Arguing is your master class in the art of persuasion, taught by professors ranging from Bart Simpson to Winston Churchill.
"Clever, passionate and erudite."- Publisher's Weekly.
"A useful mix of rhetorical devices, history, tips, sidebars, and anecdotes, making it an ideal choice!" - Barnes & Noble
The Art of Witcraft
Learn to craft memorable lines with these tricks and techniques that make words stick. Wield such tools as "crashing symbols," "rapid repeaters," "Russian dolls," and even the powers of Mr. Potato Head--and become a great speaker, writer, Facebooker, and raconteur. But here's the biggest payoff: Word Hero will not only make your words unforgettable. It will make you unforgettable.
To see the complete set of tools in the book, check out WordHero.org.
Available in aperback and ebook in Barnes & Noble and other bookstores as well as iTunes and Amazon. Learn how your company can arrange for free event copies. Teachers: Order a free examination copy here.
"It is, dare we say, fiendishly clever." -Chicago Tribune
For those who want to give speeches that make listeners’ hearts thud, this is the book."- School Library Journal